Manage your online product catalog
Catalog management provides a centralized product catalog that contains product descriptions, multimedia displays, pricing, and associated literature. The catalog enables quick and easy customer access to timely and personalized product information and availability via the Web.
Category And Attribute Management
As online retailer you can structure product information in categories that are most relevant to your customers. The categorization eases the navigation through large collection and helps manage the backend operations like promotions, stock management, procurement, etc
- Inherit and customize from Ready To use 2700 nodes Category Taxonomy with, ready to use pre defined Category Attributes for product definition
- Multilevel Category and Subcategory
- Define the attribute for each category node
- The definition of the attribute will be inherited by its subcategories
- Define pick-up list of values or minimum – maximum range for each attribute
- Define unit for each attribute
- Rank the attribute as per the importance of it in ones purchase decision
Once you decide the categories your store will host, you can start populating your catalog with the Products/SKUs. Raj Infosys captures number of fields in the effort which is vital for defining product
- SKU code is an unique identifier for each product item in the catalog to organize your inventory better
- Product title and brand helps you present products to the consumer in the product listings like category/ brand showcases
- Short description of the product can be used to provide a summary of the product as it will be used for product presentation in search and showcases
- Detail description is a freeform HTML and can be used to upload lots of information and format it as per the individual products presentation needs
- Market price and selling price
- Catalog code, your customers will need some kind of product reference code when they wants to book order over phone or inquiry about it. The catalog code is displayed on storefront on all major placeholders and can be used for the purpose.
- Barcode or item number
- Model number
- Payment options enabled let you control the mode of payment available for the product. The checkout process will disable or enable certain modes on the basis of the options stored in catalog database
- Weight is used to calculate the cost of shipping on the basis of shipping rules and shipping code if weight based shipping rules are configured
- Shipping codes attached to product internally refers to set of rules which will be used to calculate the cost of shipping in checkout
- Tax codes attached to product internally refers to set of rules executed for calculating taxes
- Product Activation and Deactivation dates can make products available for certain period automatically
- Product note can be used for writing memos and remarks for your consumption. The information captured here is for your use only and not showcased on the storefront
- Show or Hide price on product page
- Information for SEO of product page like meta Keywords, description and friendly url
- Mention cost price against each code
- Mention sequence of product for product listing page
Product Attribute Information
In Raj Infosys, each product inherits the characteristic definition defined by the category of which it belongs. This inheritance automatically insure the uniqueness of the information amongst all the SKUs from the category and easier for you to specify the content rules at central level.
The product attribute editor provides you to upload information for the characteristics in the form of attributes and validated the entry against the rules and look-ups managed at category level
The attributes of the product will be utilized in side-by-side comparison of products as well as refine search navigations
To ignore the content aspect of your online store is like opening a store and not putting labels on the products. You need to make sure you utilize every possible tool for eCommerce success and content is a powerful one to utilize. High quality web site and product content is likely to give you the edge you need. Raj Infosys product content management tools provides you the necessary interfaces to upload and manage this content through CMS
- Product Images: catalog image manager lets you create multiple set of images serving unique needs of the product presentation at the different places on storefront. One set typically consists different type of images wherein type of image designates a placeholder or use-case
- Showcase image used for the product listing pages
- Product details page use Large image
- Thumbnail image serves for product photo gallery image buttons
- Swatch image used for showing colour and texture options for the current product
- Zoom Image used for showing details of the image on the zoom pop-ups.
- Deep Zoom image used for showing images in multi-scale zoom levels wherein the very large and high-res images are shown efficiently at lower bandwidth connection in great details
- Product Videos provides opportunity to present product demos, applications and features in more engaging way. Videos can be uploaded to popular video sharing sites and will be shown directly from the shared locations on the product page
- Editorial reviews can be posted and linked to one or more products. These reviews will can be shown on the product page which may enable your consumer to take faster purchase decision
- User generated content (product reviews, discussion)
Raj Infosys inventory management module manages inventory for your online store automatically, it reduces the stock of the particular product or variant automatically when it’s sold. The product which goes out-of stock will be automatically disabled for sale on the store-front.
Stock and inventory tracking features depends on the parameters configured at the product level like
- Minimum Order Quantity limits the quantity of items per order
- Net Inventory
- Reserve Quantity denotes a stock level at which, the product is declared out of stock and gets disabled for order
- Re-order stock level denotes a stock level at which, product will be displayed in replenishment level
- Pre Order or Back Order with Stock Available Date
- Stock Alert Quantity denotes a stock level at which system generates automatic alert
The Inventory module operations
- Record inward stocks
- Record miscellaneous outward stock
- Create PO for supplier
- Convert PO to delivery note
- Book stock against the delivery notes
- Stock replenishment tool to provide input for PO creation
A product variant (also called Variant Property) is a specific feature/property used for classification of that product. For example, the “Size” of a Shirt is a Variant and the Variant Values are 40, 45, 50,100, etc… The variants created in a web store can be associated to multiple categories.
Different Variants with relevant variant values can be grouped to form a Product Variant. For example, if the SKU of original product (shirt) is 14678, then, a medium-sized green shirt with a Variant stock-keeping unit (Variant SKU) of 14678mg is one product variant of that Shirt. Here variants like size, color, and SKU have formed one of the product variant of the Shirt.
- Setup unlimited variants against each parent SKU
- Define five variant properties and respective values against each parent SKU.
- Specify the different prices for each Variant
- Bulk update option for variant values is also available
Bulk tools for Catalog Operation
When the catalog database grows, you will need efficient tools to perform routine operations like adding or editing product information, changing prices and add/edit product attributes. Catalog bulk tools help you do this in bulk through excel based import processors
- Product Activation Deactivation
- Catalog Bulk Management tool and Export products for bulk update in Excel
- Integrate with your in-store POS system for auto updates
- File manager ( Upload the product images in bulk )
- Bulk Attribute Upload
- Bulk Product price update
Similar OR Complimentary products (Cross sell or Up Sell)
Cross-selling and up-selling are established methods of improving your sales and increasing customer loyalty.
- Cross-sell is a marketing technique of suggesting similar products or services to a customer when he is buying something. For example, when an end-user is buying a cell phone, he may be shown a list of similar phones in the same or other brands that are available with you.
- Up-sell is a marketing strategy of suggesting add-on products or accessories related to that product when the customer is buying it. For example, if a customer is buying a cell phone, he may be shown a list of phone cases, USB Cables, memory cards, extra chargers, phone insurance products, etc…
Raj Infosys provides you tools to define these associations using Association editor. Products can have an unlimited number of other products associated to them. These associated products are then be displayed on product pages.